Monday, January 3, 2011

Ouch....Cross off the Old Year

Well holliday season came around and I found out first hand what happens when you take your eye off the prize boys...


Headed down with some of the St. Joe crew to Cross off the old year... Nice course, was feeling pretty good... In fact, was feeling good enough to completely forget my lesson back this summer where I switched up my gear ratio right before a race...

I decided that I was a big dog and and put a 14t on. Well this proved that its great for a nice hole shot off of pavement... But as soon as the course leveled out I knew I was in big trouble... Britton passed then a bad goat dude, then Jason with Blvd... Then another, and another and another, etc... Holy CRAP!!

Well it turns out I was lucky there was a run up because I could not hang with anyone on the flats, I just could not get on top of my gear... That on top of eating and drinking like crap all week did me in... I had to work my ass off to get back to 6th place...

Lesson learned... Till I do this crap again this summer! yes, I am a mental case....

Results

Pics

No comments:

Post a Comment