Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dirty Little Secret, you dirty *%$*!

Race Report, I suck.... Someone needs to teach me how to ride a bike, seriously, I looked like a monkey effen a football out there.....

Soooo, I was a little disappointed to say the least about my performance out at Fancy Creek Sate Park on Sunday. I wont bore you with the specific details of my meltdown lap by lap, other than I think I did a great job of breaking one bike part per lap.

The course was pretty sweet, dry and fast (well for some people)... I had a tougher time navigating these rocks than I did at Bonebender. At least there I got better with each lap, I could never quite get in a groove on Saturday, which was a shame, it was a great venue, great weather and great competition. There were a couple of hills out there, but hills are not what I have trouble with. Just need to get some technical skills or my results will always be pretty limited.

Started off with a rolling start which was a first for me, I did not try and hit a hole shot anywhere near the front as I knew I had no business being up front and slowing everyone else up when we hit the technical sections. Pretty quickly there were about four of us in the second group. The leaders where off light-years ahead of us already by 1/2 a lap into it.

Basically my race goes as follows. Hit technical section, hobble and fumble around, put a foot down (sometimes my whole body), maybe break a pedal or something, cuss really loud in frustration, then chase back to the group and repeat....

After the first lap and once JPB shredded his derailer, I  basically road by myself. Towards the end of the race I had basically quit going hard and just tried to get in a steady groove the best I could. Probably one of the worst performances I can recall since starting racing. While getting into the shower later that day, I noticed bruises on both hips, not a good sign when your racing bikes...

Just fuel to the fire though! I am going to catch up to them one of these days, or die trying!

Here are some pics of the race..... Results are not posted yet....

100% proceeds go to Joplin relief effort..
Big Poppi put on one hell of a race, had free bbq, beer and sweet swag....

No comments:

Post a Comment