Monday, November 22, 2010

Manions II, CX ~ report/video

Wow, what a tough course.. I loved it!!! I love hard courses, the harder the better... Made me wish I made it to the first one...
I was not sure I was going to be able to make it until the night before.... But Hoppe and Randy made room for me to tag along with them down to the middle of Wyndotte. Kind of a strange venue, the entire course was made in this valley...

Between the long grass and being in a bowl it was some tough racing without a whole lot of recovery areas...
It was a lemans start, which does not bother me all that much... lined up for the singlespeed race in a barn and I notice that the usual heavy hitters were not around.. Thought this could get interesting....

Took off and got to my bike first and took off up a false flat if you will... Some will call it a hill but anyway.. About the top of it and three dudes pass me like this was a one lap race... I just tucked in behind them for the decent and waited to see what happens...
Once at the bottom there was this little ditch that the roadies were running over, I did not have any trouble with this section but some folks were for some reason. From there, you got onto some climbing... I noticed my group seemed to be struggling a little bit on the climbs. Not that I wasn't, but just not as bad... By lap 2 I decided I was going to attack up the main hill and see if I can create a gap... I passed another surly and took the lead after the first little climb on this lap and hit it hard on the last section of the climb. When I hit the top and looked over I saw him run into the tape and get off his bike... From this point I took advantage and never let up... Just went after it on all the climbs and recovered the best I could in between. By the last lap the only guy near me was a cat 4 dude... I went on to win the singlespeed race... First cross win ever for me...

Big thanks to all the guys for setting up the race... And a special thanks to all the heavy hitters like Dan O, that did not race.... I'll take it!!




Other notables;
  • Hoppe Killed the Masters 40+ and took first...
  • JP Brocket took the top spot in the Masters 30+
    • His clan all won ther races!
  • SteveO took 2nd in Masters 60+
HERE IS A VIDEO put together by JP Brocket... Its the 4's, singlspeed, and 3/4's.... I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment